Friday, October 10, 2008

What they Said and What they Meant...

What she said: "I don't have a problem discussing the topic of somebody being gay, but I do have a problem discussing my personal life," said the 38-year-old entertainer.
-Queen Latifah this week on the ever-present gay-rumors.

What she meant: "I'm gay."
I have no problem with closeted famous people. Far be it for me to deny them their privacy/internalized homophobia. But I'm getting a little tired of closeted celebs who don't realize that any answer to the question "Are you gay?" besides "no" means "yes." That was the case for Clay Aiken. It was the case for Neil Patrick Harris. And it will be the case for Queen Latifah. That People magazine cover story is all ready to go. It's like the Pope's obituary. When she drops, it goes to the printers.


What she said: "It's all about the story. If we can't tell a story that's really worthy of an audience, then we won't do it."
-Sarah
Jessica Parker regarding rumors of a Sex and the City sequel.

What she meant: "Well, I did say I was done with Sex and the City in 2003. Then I tried to have a film career. It didn't really take. But now that I'm coming off the mild success of the film, I'm going to try to do it again. If it still doesn't take, I'll do another movie. The other three actresses are pretty much just my ladies in waiting anyway, right?"
Own it, Sarah. Just own it.



What he said: "That one"
-John McCain wh
en referring to Obama during the Presidential debate.

What he meant: "That one...you know, tall. Big ears. Running for President...where was I again? Oh yeah. The important thing was I had an onion on my belt. Which was the style at the time...."
Am I the only one who thinks that McCain's flub was due to general senility and not racism (or at least not mostly racism). Either way, if you still want McCain to be our next President after watching that debate, you might be retarded.




What he said: "And Sarah Palin...I mean, come on..."
-Bill O'Reilly this week "defending" Sarah Palin and responding to attack ads put out against her by the Obama camp.

What he meant: "And Sarah Palin...has a great rack. But I won't say that because I don't want to further emphasize the fact that she's not bringing much to the table elsewhere. Oh, and it's been fun to be a white Conservative male and cry sexism on her behalf during the past week. Plus, let's face it, I still have a boner for Obama after he let me yell at him for an hour on my show..."
This sums it up, doesn't it? This was the best that Bill O'Reilly could come up with in defense of Sarah Palin. This is the man who can pull a (sort of) convincing lie out of his ass on his worst day to prove himself right. I'd say that the pitbull's lipstick is starting to fade. And there's not much time before November 5th to provide another coat.


No comments: