Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sometimes I Blog...

So, once again I allowed life to sweep me up and away and I haven't blogged in over a month. Grad school has been amazing and challenging (and quite the time-suck), so I have an excuse. Plus (ahem) I premiered my feature film in Atlanta. I'm not one for hyperbole, but seeing a feature film I directed on the big screen, as well as having the title of my film on the marquee of a theater that I've been going to for years made for the best night of my very young life. But enough about me...

So, awards season has already started. There's no point in even posting the BFCA, Globe, NBR or SAG nominees at this point. You've heard about them ad-nauseum elsewhere by now. I plan to post reviews/mini-reviews of films I've seen recently (Up in the Air, The Road, Invictus, Avatar, Brothers, etc). I have to run down my list, but I'm fairly certain I have a little under ten films left that I absolutely need to see. I'll be posting more in the next few weeks.

Peace, Love and Pretension.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Seeing your film up in lights is a great accomplishment! I've been reading your blog for about a year, but have never deigned to post a response. Well here it is:

You are an excellent writer. Your reviews are well thought out and wonderfully worded. It's a joy to read something with substance and vocabulary! Last year, I watched all of the films up for awards, (ie SAG, Academy Awards, Golden Globes, ect.), as well as random movies from your review list. I enjoyed so many movies last year that, if not for you, I would never have known existed.

I am glad that for once, a reviewer is able to provide solid and nuanced critiques on a variety of films.Thank you for posting and I wish you continued success in your film career. By the way, I'd love to watch or read about your film!

Take Care,

Valencia W.

The Pretentious Know it All said...

Aw, thanks! It really means a lot that someone is actually reading my work. One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more, and knowing that at least one person is reading is an incentive to do so. I think I'm going to pick at least one day a week where I sit down and blog. It's just so difficult, being in grad school to find the time. I remember before I was in grad school, when I would actually write a longform review of EVERY film I saw...not the case anymore.