Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Been a While

Okay, so I haven't posted in over a month...I said I would do this and I'm going to keep at it. But life has been calling me. I'm diving headlong into shooting my feature film, which is going well (all things considered). That's all I'm going to say on the matter (I don't want to get too personal here.)

I just came back from a midnight screening of The Dark Knight. It is almost like the No Country for Old Men of comic book movies...let that mean for you whatever it needs to. I'll be posting a full review sometime this weekend once I've given it a chance to marinate a little. Honestly, I still don't know exactly how I feel about it, beyond the initial...wow. It's an incredibly haunting film. If you thought Batman Begins was dark, you are in for a surprise. And Heath Ledger's performance does actually deserve most (if not all) of the hyperbolic praise being thrown its way. I won't dedicate the full review to singing his praises, because there is a lot of other good to be talked about. Also, watching Ledger's Joker, it fills you with an overwhelming sadness for the obvious reasons...

More to come later...

Love, Peace, and Pretension

No comments: