Sunday, April 13, 2008

Random Thoughts...More to Come Later

A very busy weekend indeed for the Pretentious Know it All. Friday, I met Steve James, the director of Hoop Dreams, which I did not see. But I did see Stevie, which is a great, heartwrenching documentary. I've got to take opportunities like this as they come. I stupidly missed a chance to talk to see Francis Ford Coppola when he came to my school last year--he's not one of my favorites, but he's still the director of what many people consider to be the best film of all time. He was really awesome. Really down-to-earth and personable. And I'm really looking forward to seeing his new film, At The Death House Door when it plays on IFC next week.

Today, I met an actress on Sunday who's interested in playing one of the leads in my movie. It went well. She's seriously perfect--looks the part and she's non-union! And she's incredibly cool and easy-going. It's all very promising.

I saw Smart People on Friday. Will most likely review it tomorrow. I have to let it marinate a little while longer. All I can say is that it would have been a disappointment if my expectations hadn't already been so low.

No comments: