Sunday, March 23, 2008

Random Thoughts...More to Come Later

Haven't posted in a while. I said I was going to do this, so I'm going to do it. Next week, I'm seeing Stop Loss (yay!) though early word on the movie is mixed. But I will reserve judgment and post my thoughts on the Kimberly Peirce film here. I just finished a short movie, working on another and trying to put together a feature project (halfway cast so far!) so I'm a busy little beaver. Combine that with the workload from my other classes and graduation coming in May and that leaves me with very little time to post here.

Anyhoo, just a few random thoughts that may or may not manifest themselves into full-blown posts in the days to come.

  • How crappy is that new show with Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose? Seriously. I watched the pilot and I almost cried. As someone who adores both of these actresses, it's actually painful to watch at times. They both deserve so much better and I will definitely be addressing this subject at length in the future...
  • I re-watched the second season of "Big Love" this week. I've heard a lot of talk that this show is boring, which I understand. But I really love it. It requires patience and attention--so much of it is what's going on under the surface, what isn't said. Can't wait until season three.
  • Meet the Browns comes in second this weekend at the box office, losing to Horton Hears a Who! This causes me to ask the question, what do I hate more? Tyler Perry films or adaptations of Dr. Seuss books that in no way resemble their source material? Should I be happy or sad right now? Toss up, really. One should also consider the fact that this time last year, the #1 movie at the box office was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and this was after 300 was at #1 for two weeks in a row. Smells like March at the movies...
  • The cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunited to celebrate the series' tenth anniversary (which was actually last year, but whatever). Alyson Hannigan is notably absent. I wonder if there's anything to those rumors about her being pissed off at Sarah Michelle Gellar for quitting and not telling the rest of the cast. She was probably just shooting How I Met Your Mother, as David Boreanaz (also absent) was probably off shooting Bones (heh. Shooting bones. dirty). It's anyone's guess where Anthony Stuart Head was, or if anyone even remembered to call him. Photos can be seen here...
  • Why are there like fifteen trailers for Speed Racer?
  • Yes, I know I'm a terrible person. But "I Know My Kid's a Star" has become my new guilty pleasure. From the horribly aggressive stage parents, to the mortified kids with about as much talent between them to fill a thimble, I'm loving it all. Plus, a show in which Danny Bonaduce is the sanest person is a show I'm watching.
  • RIP Anthony Minghella, Paul Scoffield and Arthur C. Clarke.

No comments: